Cambridge English Empower is a general adult course that combines course content from Cambridge University Press with validated assessment from the experts at Cambridge English Language Assessment. The Upper Intermediate Workbook with downloadable audio (no answers) can be used alongside the Student’s Book and offers additional consolidation activities.
The Upper Intermediate Student’s Book gives learners an immediate sense of purpose and clear learning objectives. It provides core grammar and vocabulary input alongside a mix of skills. Speaking lessons offer a unique combination of functional language, pronunciation and conversation skills, alongside video filmed in the real world. Each unit ends with a consolidation of core language from the unit and focuses on writing within the context of a highly communicative mixed-skills lesson. This version of the Student’s Book does not provide access to the video, assessment package and online workbook. A version with full online access is available separately.
– A course book with thought-provoking images and texts and engaging video, designed to generate an emotional response; all helping teachers to deliver motivating and memorable lessons.
– Assessment developed and validated by the experts at Cambridge English Language Assessment; rigorously pre-tested to ensure all it is accurate, meaningful and fair.
– Personalised learning paths outside of the classroom give students targeted practice, ensuring they spend their time on what they need most, and keeping them motivated and engaged.
– Teachers are provided with a full digital package in one place: Learning Management System plus web tools and clear step-by-step guidance on how to use these tools in the modern classroom. This ultimately allows teachers to spend more time on preparing and delivering high-quality lessons.
– Manageable learning with a syllabus that teachers can trust, with Corpus-informed content and alignment to the CEFR, so that learners can clearly and measurably see their own progress in each of the four language skills.
The Student’s Book contains thought-provoking content which is designed to generate an emotional response and get learners and teachers enjoying the class right from the start. There’s also support to make the teaching process a motivating and enjoyable one.
The Workbook with answers and downloadable audio can be used alongside the Student’s Book and offers additional consolidation activities
Teacher’s Book offers detailed teaching notes for every lesson of the Student’s Book. It also includes extra photocopiable activities, keys to exercises and extra teaching notes.
Empower Class Audio CDs provide all the audio content from the Student’s Book.
Presentation Plus provides the complete Student’s Book content and the Workbook content with built-in annotation tools, embedded audio, and class video in an easy-to-operate format for interactive whiteboards or computers and projectors.